Its ancient name was Kankavati. The present temple of Bhagawan Adinath was renovated in the 1645 of the Vikram era. It was formally installed by Shri Vijaysensurisvarji. It was named ‘Sarvajit Prasad’. The idol of Bhagawan Dharmnath was also formally installed by the same. Maharaj Saheb in the year 1655 of the vikram era. It was named ‘Ratnatilak Prasad’. The temple was renovated many times. This temple was built by a mother-in-law (sasu) and his son’s wife (vahu). When his son’s wife struck against the door-frame, her mother-in-law taunted. Virabhai, the son’s wife, therefore, built with money from her parental home, a temple of 52 idols brightly shining like a God’s residence. The chief idol is of Bhagawan Dharmanath. Every year, a fair is held here on the seventh day of the dark half of the month of Posh. Even today, this temple is famous as the sasu-vahu temple.
Nearest (Panch Tirth)
- Shri Vanachhara Tirth (43.6 KM)
- Shri Shankeshwar Parshvanath Tirth (68.6 KM)
- Shri Chandramani Tirth (70.5 KM)
- Shri Varnama Tirth (84.3 KM)
- Shri Manilaxmi Tirth (97.3 KM)